This edition presents a lot of videos from last summers GR8COnf US in the video section, plenty of articles, releases and lots more.
Grails 3.2.6 has been released with a few bug fixes revealed by the changelog.
The next minor version of GORM, 6.1 is out in Milestone 2. This includes a new data services feature,
that adds the ability to generate implementations for Groovy interfaces using conventions that we already know, fx. "Book find(Serializable id)".
Read more on the data service feature, Multi-Tenancy Transformations, Improved Mapping DSL and more in the
What’s New in GORM 6.1 manual.
The guides section of the Grails website has been restructured, and divided into categories, so it is easier to locate the guide you need.
Several new guides has also appeared, especially on integrating Grails as a backend for mobile applications and handle api versioning.
The OCI team has announced a contest, where you can win prices, if you show off your Grails project. The details can be found at
the OCI website.
Zeroturnaround has created a Java web frameworks popularity index,
where Grails is located in fifth place.
Ersatz Server, the "mock" HTTP server library for testing HTTP clients by Christopher J. Stehno
is out in version 0.6.0, now with support for content compression and for server auto-run.
Ratpack 1.4.5 is now available, with fixes for a few issues with health checks,
RxRatpack error handler, and an upgrade to Netty 4.1.6. The Ratpack team recommends everyone on the 1.4 line to upgrade to 1.4.5
Gradle 3.4 is out, and the release notes
describe major performance improvements, and nice updates to a couple of core plugins: the Jacoco plugin and the Checkstyle plugin.
You can still claim your ticket to Greach in the end of March, and for GR8Conf EU in the end of May.
GR8Conf EU comes with an added focus on DevOps, as these competencies are in high demand. Expect more speakers and sessions to be announced in the comming weeks.
Two call for papers are open now: GR8Conf US and the Gradle Summit
Podcasts and Videos of Presentations
Blogs, Articles, etc.
Updated Grails 3 Plugins
- asynchronous-mail (2.0.0.RC7) The plugin realises asynchronous mail sending. It stores messages in a DB and sends them asynchronously by a quartz job..
- org.grails.plugins:iCalendar (0.6.2) Grails iCalendar plugin.
- aws-sdk-s3 (2.1.15) Grails AWS SDK S3 plugin.
- aws-sdk-ses (2.1.15) Grails AWS SDK SES plugin.
- aws-sdk-sns (2.1.15) Grails AWS SDK SNS plugin.
- aws-sdk-sqs (2.1.15) Grails AWS SDK SQS plugin.
- aws-sdk-dynamodb (2.1.15) Grails AWS SDK DynamoDB plugin.
- aws-sdk-kinesis (2.1.15) Grails AWS SDK Kinesis plugin.
- embedded-mongodb (1.0.2) Executes an embedded mongo database for integration or functional testing.
- mailinglist (3.0.4) mailinglist is a Grails plugin which makes use of quartz to dynamically schedule either group or specific email address contact. You create html email templates with images etc, then define time and date for this to be sent. The job is then added to quartz and set to email at given time. The queue can easily be controlled via bootstrap so that nothing is ever lost. Do you want to email a person at 11:41 pm or maybe a group of people at 2.15am? then look no further. You can schedule an email to be scheduled and to run on a set date and time. Supports HTML emails with inline images as well as attachments has been tested on outlook and result appears to load fine..
- neo4j (6.1.0.M2) GORM - Grails Data Access Framework.
- rx-mongodb (6.1.0.M2) GORM - Grails Data Access Framework.
- mongodb (6.1.0.M2) GORM for MongoDB.
- hibernate4 (6.1.0.M2) GORM - Grails Data Access Framework.
- hibernate5 (6.1.0.M2) GORM - Grails Data Access Framework.
- recaptcha (3.1.0) Grails 3 ReCaptcha and MailHide plugin.
- grails-java8 (1.1.1) Provides support for Java 8 specific features in Grails.
- cassandra (6.0.7) GORM - Grails Data Access Framework.
- grails-gscripting (1.0.7) Run Groovy scripts in Grails.
Updated Grails 2 Plugins
Recaptcha Spring Security Plugin
Using recaptcha with spring security core for brute force defender
Mailing List Plugin
Schedule emails to a mailing group or to a person using dynamic quartz scheduling. Schedules stored within DB and upon application restart incomplete or future schedules are re-added to quartz queue.
Bower Asset-Pipeline Plugin
Provides bower support for the asset-pipeline static asset management plugin.
Store detailed log of controller actions in database including controller name, action name, start-end time, total time (seconds), exceptions, custom messages and more.
Provides the ability to check Git respository status, e.g. uncommited files, missing updates, etc. while creating a war file.
A day that's been a long time coming… Just finished the draft of my Spock book! Now to get on with 1.1 of Spock itself
Attention All JVM Developers! #grailsfw #groovylang #java #jvm https://twitter.com/objectcomputing/status/835165103108521984
Full room at #groovylang talk by @kenkousen at #devnexus
Fun, fast paced with jokes and lots of hands-on examples ??????
Bookmark #grailsfw Quickcasts Youtube playlist! More @grailsframework content is coming soon.… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/829003480652189697
"#Java libraries you cannot miss" includes @spockframework http://blog.jevsejev.io/2017/02/19/java-libraries-you-cannot-miss-in-2017/
Sadly I moved CI from Snap to @semaphoreci. Thanks @snap_ci for support grooscript continuous integration, good luck to the team.
Pre-Greach #Grailsfw Training is gearing up! We've got the instructor, topic, & venue -- all we're missing is you!… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/834454127459565568
I guess, I'm going to learn myself some #groovylang
Today, together with @RalfDMueller first presentation in English on #geb and #Spock https://t.co/d6f6dstuG7
"Groovy remains very popular"
/cc @ApacheGroovy https://twitter.com/myfear/status/833708549058478080
New #GrailsGuide! Integrate #grailsfw with the existing #AngularJS app, developed during @treehouse course http://bit.ly/2leSnYf
Gradle 3.4 released on SDKMAN! #gradle
If you want to follow this year amazing speakers, subscribe to this list: https://twitter.com/greachconf/lists/speakers2017
This is a language-agnostic program for the summer. Let us know if we can help you find a team or coaches in the… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/833669214644887552
If you have transportation questions about Madrid, you can use Citymapper to get different options. Subway is good!
How to use @grailsframework rest-api profile with the #AngularJS app developed during @treehouse course http://guides.grails.org/grails-restapi-angularjs/guide/index.html #grailsfw
@grailsframework is number five Java framework among the top ten! https://zeroturnaround.com/rebellabs/java-web-frameworks-index-by-rebellabs/
Very interesting read https://twitter.com/jboner/status/832665497480998914
@grailsframework Well now I'm spoiled -- why am I still writing controllers and UI code? Is that slated for auto-gen in Grails 3.3? :-D
Looks like last years GR8ConfUS videos got posted. This is a good one to start with probably:
Is there a rule of thumb when deciding to test at the GUI level or API level?
GORM is on a roll #grailsfw #GORM https://twitter.com/grailsframework/status/832620957269233667
GORM keeps getting better and better. #grailsfw https://twitter.com/grailsframework/status/832620957269233667
Structurizr now supports the @arc42Tipps documentation template; example -> https://structurizr.com/share/27791/documentation & code ->… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/832599822972620800
Woohoo! @testcontainers reached 300 ?? on GitHub! Next target is 500 :)
Didn't star it yet? Do it now :)… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/832501080034574336
#grailsfw ranks 5th https://twitter.com/playframework/status/832211466669453312
@glaforge so where is the lazybones template to get started?
Where there is Java, where #groovylang can do better.
With my #java and #groovylang hats on, I like to see that #tensorflow 1.0 has an experimental Java API :-)
I am very proud of what @ObjectComputing has been able to do with Grails. We Have An Awesome Awesome Team! #grailsfw
The revised http://guides.grails.org site looks great and has a lot of info. Should be a great help, especially to beginners #grailsfw
ASMifier will be added to AST Browser to help developers study how to generate bytecodes for #groovylang with ASM. https://t.co/wpQJDEUqd0
Do you want 2 days #Grailsfw training with @grailsframework co-founder @jeffscottbrown in Madrid before #Greach? --> https://www.ociweb.com/training/next-level-grails-in-two-days
Only 45 days to next #Greach edition. Do you have your ticket?
#groovylang #grailsfw #gradle #java
One thing I keep thinking about after yesterday’s #groovyLang podcast interview to @bsideup by @jbaruch @kenkousen… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/830388656607227904
Speaking at JFokus and getting to chat with amazing devs was a fun experience. Too bad I can't make going to conferences a full-time job.
OH: A spring in the boot is worth two rats in the pack. @Lspacewalker @craigburke1 @danveloper
Simplifies usage of #Docker Compose for integration testing in #gradle environment with this plugin:
I'm glad to see Gradle finally has sensible install instructions. https://gradle.org/install Might seem obvious, but I call that progress.
He: "Really wish SpringMVC had conventions like here's controllers, views, etc."
Me: "You would *love* @grailsframework"
Slides for my presentation on Visualizing Code Bases @jfokus #jfokus 2017 http://www.slideshare.net/aestasit/visualizing-java-code-bases-for-jfokus-2017
Conferences and meetups
- Greach, Madrid - Spain, March 30th - April 1st, 2017.
- GR8conf Europe, Copenhagen - Denmark, May 31st - June 2nd, 2017. Call For Papers
- Gradle Summit, Palo Alto - CA, June 22rd -23th, 2017.
- GR8conf US, Minneapolis - USA, July 26th - 28th, 2016.